Sunday, January 22, 2012

Balloons + Toddlers = FUN / Project 52 ~ Week 3

  Happy Weekend!  It's been a hectic one here, as we are celebrating my son's 13th Birthday {more on this for next week's post}!  This week's photo was really planned out...and it worked {YAY!}.

  I had an idea earlier this week involving balloons, helium, a floor backdrop, gorgeous headbands/outfits , lots of natural light and my youngest.  I purchased the helium (easy) - but I didn't like the balloons that came in the package (very dark primary colors) - luckily I had some pearlized balloons left over from a while ago in white and pink (love when that happens).  The floor backdrop I had purchased earlier last year, but hadn't had a chance to test it out - this was the perfect opportunity to make sure I knew exactly how it would appear in future photos.  I told both of my daughters the plan (way too early - for exactly one day they wanted to know WHEN the balloons would begin, about every 30 minutes) - lesson learned!  The front rooms in my home receive some great sunlight beginning about an hour after sunrise through about 1pm - so I knew exactly when I wanted to begin.  BUT, the sun decided to hide yesterday...we had nothing but overcast clouds.  That's ok - we had just enough natural light, I'd just to have adjust some minor settings.

  So we began by setting up the floor:
And adding the pink and white balloons at different heights:
  The result was perfectly magical (to my toddler) who was amazed at all the lovely balloons.  Initially she really liked the idea of having her photograph taken (mainly because her older sister went first - and "it wasn't fair"), but I was soon met with a small resistance as seen in these here:
{this one makes me smile - a mini tantrum}
{Yes, she is rolling her eyes!}
 And then I got some silly ones - when we resorted to singing and giving her some balloons ...
{singing 'Hey Jude'}


{she let her balloon go on purpose}


  But when I was finished processing and editing most of the photos - I found my favorite, which quickly became Week 3's image:
Project 52/2012 - Week 3
  I fell in love with this image for a few reasons:
     1. It's totally a toddler attitude
     2. I can sense her complete boredom with her sister and I trying to attempt to amuse her {note to self, must come up with some new tricks...and soon!}
     3. She 'posed' herself, which is always great!


**Red pettiskirt is from Chasing Fireflies...super soft & extra bouncy!
**Headbands from Poppy Row on Etsy...this shop has some lovely hair accessories for little ones to adults!
**The darling knot dress is from MomiBoutique ... we LOVE this designer!
**The skirt and tank top outfit is from Sunnybrook Farm Designs on Etsy ... gorgeous clothing!
**The floor backdrop is from Silver Lining Backdrop Shoppe on Etsy!
**The red sequin heart long sleeve tee is from Gymboree!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!
-Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment