Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Beginnings {Project 52 / 2012}

  I've always thought beginning something new was one of the hardest things to do.  Today I'm starting a new blog for Yellow Duck Pictures.   Over the next year, I cannot wait to share my journey with portrait photography!!

  This post will be short and sweet - my main purpose to is to not fall behind on my Project 52 in 2012.  I'm sharing Week 1's photograph today - and will hopefully follow-up with another post later this week which contains more details, some before/after images and other random thoughts!  If you're also participating in a 52 Project this year, please leave your link, I'd love to follow along!!

  It was taken on January 1st.  My sister and I wrangled up the family for some beginning of the year group shots.  It was late afternoon, and as anticipated, the sun shining through the tall pines was nothing short of awesome.  This shot was actually a "practice" shot.  I was testing some of the manual settings to ensure everything was perfect for my sis to take our group photos.  I haven't finished processing all of the photos from this day, but this photograph of my youngest captivated me, so it made the "cut" for Week 1!

Week 1 / Photographed 1.1.12 {F8.0 - 1/200 - ISO160}

  There are quite a few reasons that I loved this shot.
My top three:
    1. I know it's not perfect
    2. No posing
    3. Lovely afternoon lighting = one magical image!

{If time permits, I will post a follow-up this week which includes the before/after of this shot.}

Stay Tuned - Lots more to follow in 2012!!
-Jennifer, Yellow Duck Pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment