Sunday, March 11, 2012

Hazy Sunlight / Project 52 ~ Week 10

Hello and Happy Sunday!
 We've had a wonderful weekend, so far!  The weather has been amazing, and the sun quite beautiful!  We spent yesterday cleaning indoors and headed outdoors to clean-up and add-to our front and back gardens.  The kids were especially helpful, which was much appreciated, so I had promised them a trip to visit with the baby chicks.  We left late afternoon, with plenty of beautiful sunshine left.  The kids had so much fun seeing the progress of the chicks {and scaring them}...they eventually moved on to running towards the cows {and communicating with loud 'moos' and laughs}.
 
  After a quick trip through the pine trees, we walked past the cows once again {poor cows} - it was then that I captured a quick image of my oldest daughter.   She had climbed the gate and was having a blast "communicating" in loud 'moos'.  The sun had lowered and was casting a lovely haze on the scene.  I took a moment to snap two shots and chose this one for this week's image:
Project 52 / Week 10
{Captured:  50mm - ISO 100 - F5.6 - 1/400}
  I love how the sun cast a hazy yellow light on the tree line, cows and my daughter.  She's calm being in an environment of her choice, with no posing or smile requested, leaving the final image relaxed and a bit more serious.  I find that some of my most favorite images are a result of "following" the subject so that they are more relaxed and natural.

  I am looking forward to more of these lovely sunny days this year!
Have a wonderful week!
--Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment