Sunday, March 4, 2012

Focus, Focus, Focus / Project 52 ~ Week 9

Good Morning!!

  We've had such a topsy turvy week here - and the {seemingly endless} rain has been nearly unbearable.   I remained focused this week and remembered to capture some cute shots of my youngest on Friday morning.  It was mildly warm, quite foggy {or spooky according to her}, and the sun was just barely peeking through the thick cloud cover.   She was busy riding on her sister's scooter and checking on the back gardens, I found this to be a perfect opportunity to practice with some different lighting and backgrounds.
  This week's image was one of my favorites {we had a vote on two final images, the girls both loved this one}, her wide eyes, hint of a smile and far-off stare capture 100% of her personality.  Her attention was momentarily diverted from her scooter mayhem to a small flock of birds flying overhead.  I've always loved catching moments like these, I find them much more natural and relaxed.
Project 52 - Week 9
{Captured:  ISO125 - F2.8 - 1/160}
  Normally, I'm a firm believer in the best portraits being at the subject's eye-level - this is even more important for the wee ones.  This image was taken at a slightly higher point, providing a different perspective, but still keeping the same focus.  I'll be using this year's Project 52 to try lots of new lighting, backgrounds, colors and perspectives.

  I believe I've forgotten to mention the lens I've been using for Project 52.  I'm in love my with my 50mm!!  It was a big switch for me to get used to, but for about a year now, this has been my go-to lens for portraits.  The low-light abilities and ease-of-use are amazing.  Eventually, I'd love to add to my lens collection with an 85mm.  For now though, I feel comfortable learning and growing with my current lenses.

  Have a lovely week!
--Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment