Sunday, February 19, 2012

Low Lights and Shadows / Project 52 ~ Week 7

  We've been enjoying some serious family time this weekend and managed to fit in about 4 fun activities yesterday, in under 8 hours.  The kids had a blast and I enjoyed watching their smiles as they saw and tried new things.  We ventured into South Carolina yesterday to visit an aquarium, the beach and to stock up on some clothes for the little ones {boy, do they grow FAST!}
  It was my youngest's first trip to the aquarium {that she could remember and really enjoy}, but it was just as awesome to see my two older children reading about the different tanks and enjoying the sights.  This week's image, was by far my favorite from yesterday's visit.  My oldest, who was taking lots of pictures himself, was glued to the wall sized tank watching intently at the brightly colored fish.
Project 52 / Week 7
{Captured:  ISO 400 - F1.8 - 1/80}
  I found it a great challenge to achieve just the right detail and desired image in the extremely low light that was available.  There was also a lot of movement from the fish and several other visitors.  I stood a great deal away {across the room} and had to adjust my ISO quite a bit higher than I really like to, but the end result was exactly what I had envisioned!  Best of all, he had no idea I was photographing him and the result was a very relaxed and natural image.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!!
-Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment