Sunday, February 12, 2012

Red Boots, Umbrellas and Clouds / Project 52 ~ Week 6

  Oh! What a week it's been.  Then adding in some COLD weather and cloudy days this weekend...we're in a bit of a gloomy mood today.  Which worked well for a theme on this week's photo.

  My 8 year old daughter enjoyed playing with an umbrella yesterday {what little one doesn't?} - she even braved some cold temps to assist with capturing this week's image.  We had fun editing this one too.
Project 52 / Week 6
{Captured:  ISO 100 - F7.1 - 1/160}

    I chose a much larger aperture this week to really bring in lots of dark and gloomy details.  During editing, I wiped out most of the color from the surrounding background {it was much too competitive with her red boots and floral skirt}, during final review, I noticed the image was still missing just a bit of drama to emphasize our "gloomy" moods - so I added a scratchy texture.  I was in LOVE with the final photograph!!  More importantly, so was my daughter.

  Do you find that young ones seem much more relaxed or excited during a photo session when given an interesting and fun prop?

Since we won't be posting until next week - we didn't want to miss an opportunity to wish you all a very:

  Hope everyone has an amazing week!
--Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment