Sunday, February 26, 2012

Rushed Moments / Project 52 ~ Week 8

  This week's post is a bit later than normal.  First, I must admit, I forgot to take a picture!  I can't believe it, but Sunday morning arrived and I had multiple nature photographs (for my JLP Project 52), but had neglected to capture even one image for this week's Project.  So, this week's image was actually photographed this morning.
  Earlier this week, my girls and I had noticed several of our Hyacinth bulbs had emerged from the ground. We planted these seemingly forever ago...and were delighted to see the beautiful pink and purple blooms!  Regretfully I didn't have my camera outside with us to capture a quick shot of the discovery.
  This morning, I asked my 8 year old {very sweetly} if she would accompany me outside to get a quick shot for my Project.  She was willing {thank goodness} and I allowed her to choose her outfit and pose outside.  With her relaxed, I was able to capture a side profile of her with these lovely pink blooms:
{Captured:  ISO 125 - F2.8 - 1/250}
  While processing this photograph, I chose to add a few different layers for more of a "vintage" feel with just a slight haze added and some selected color pops to make the main subjects stand apart from the dark brown garden floor.

  This week has shown me that I really need to set a reminder to make sure I work on the Project at least once per week!  I'm definitely going to do a check each Wednesday going forward.

  We have some fun announcements coming soon - the next 8 weeks has some exciting adventures and fun sessions planned for Y.D.P.!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!
-Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment